Cruising down Dubai creek never grows old. It has been and will forever be a novel experience not to be missed by anyone living or visiting Dubai. For holiday makers and honeymooners, nothing spells luxury and romance more than a dhow cruise. Whether you’re visiting Dubai as a family, alone, or on a romantic holiday with someone special, the right cruise package is all you need to create priceless memories that you will treasure forever.
So how do you make that all important decision about the right cruise package for you? Here is a simple guideline to help you evaluate your options:
1. What do you want to see? The first thing you need to do is decide where you want to go and what you want to see. Different packages will have different destinations and they will happen at different times of the day. For instance, if you prefer watching the stars, you should choose a night time cruise. You should also check the specifics to ensure you are happy with the route to be followed and the itinerary.
2. What it costs? Your budget is probably one of the major factors that will influence the process of selecting the right package for you. When choosing a package, do not make the mistake of only calculating the price of your trip by simply multiplying the daily rate with the number of nights you will be cruising the sea, unless your cruise is all inclusive. You should remember that there will be extra costs such as fare to and from the port (if not included), cost of anything not included in the package (most packages do not include alcohol) and any shore excursions.
3. When to go? Different seasons offer different appealing aspects. High seasons such as Christmas holiday are fun filled and full of festivities that you might fall in love with but such seasons attract premium prices. Dubai has only two main seasons; hot and hotter. You therefore want to cruise in winter as opposed to summer when the weather is extremely hot. You also want to avoid purchasing dhow cruise packages that run during a time when rains are expected.
4. Which line to book? If you have a preferred dhow cruise line, then this decision is bound to be pretty easy for you. However, if you do not and have one, you might want to research about your potential cruise line choices and your preferred dhow cruise packages to make sure that you choose one that will suit your experience, especially if it is your first cruise. Reading reviews on the cruise line, asking for recommendations from family and friends and researching a little about your potential fellow passengers, could save you from settling for the wrong cruise line.
5. Ship tips. The size of the dhow matters. The size dictates the cruises’ itinerary. Smaller dhows passengers are likely to get more personalized experiences as compared to big dhow passengers. If you are still unsure of the dhow cruise package that you should settle for, contacting a travel agent may help shed more light and help you make the right choice.